Google Inc. is a multinational public cloud computing and Internet search technologies corporation. Google hosts and develops a number of Internet-based services and products, and generates profit primarily from advertising through its AdWords program .
Google as the Internet's most visited website.Google is also fourth best place to work and most powerful brand in the world.
Google innovations in search technology make it no.1 but it makes money only after auctioning ads along with search results. Advertising today contributes to 99% of company's revenue.
Google, goals and success
- Follow your own rules : Google not changes his way despite public telling what it should do , when it should do. It does when he thinks its best time.
- Beta : Google don't believes in launching of half baked product. He first launches beta , take feedback and then correct it to launch flawless version.
- Relevancy : Google believes what his audience gets should be relevant.
- Volume : Google view volume and keeps its prices low.
- Open Minded and Modern executive Management
- Products adoptable to variety of environments
- Google is acquiring technology where it finds it has limited knowledge.Collaboration is needed to scale.
- Google is trying to get more info about end users via Google Analytic , Google Accounts and Google Toolbar. End user data is very valuable.
Google Future Implications
- Lot of companies are looking to implement Google Apps Engine solution in their companies. The clear indication is the license fee , they are paying to Microsoft Services per year is huge compare to 50$ services from Google.
- Google focuses on collborative web platforms and trying to develop ways to collaborate online.It allows real time updating of shared documents comparing to tedious process of downloading Microft documents for updation.
- Google strategy of distributing software as an online service means companies need not to invest on real timcee money for large scaled technical workforce.
Google Future Predictions
Google Letter from founders
- Chinese-language content will dominate internet.
- With reference to Moore's Law, computers will be more capable.
- More than 100 MB broadband performance and no distinction between TV Radio and web.
- Content will move towards more video.
- Real time information will be more valuable.