- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Same Origin Policy
- The policy permits scripts running on pages originating from the same site to access each other's methods and properties with no specific restrictions, but prevents access to most methods and properties across pages on different sites.
document.domain DOM property to the same qualified, right-hand fragment of their current host name.
- The following are not subjected to same-origin checks:
- Remote SCRIPTs
- submit POST forms
- Simple Multimedia markup like IMG, BGSOUND tag
- Remote stylesheets
- Embedded objects
- Embedded applets
- The following are subjected to same-origin checks:
- The following can load any URL
- Link targets
- Refresh and Location directives
- Form submission
Note : Some of the content on this page is from Wikipedia and therefore the contents of this page are available under Creative Commons Attribution License.